Friday, April 08, 2005

Cinder-Ella

After several months of rehearsals, the drama department of the San Juan High School presented nine performances of "Cinder-Ella" this past week-and-a-half. It is a somewhat twisted re-telling of the traditional tale. My daughter Lindsey snagged a roll as Falafal, one of the wicked step-sisters, although in this re-telling they are less evil than they are simple and silly. I did my best with the low light on opening night, and got what I think are a few decent photos.


The Wicked Stepmother bestowing a loving hug on her poor, misguided daughters.


The Wicked Stepmother (center, as if that needed pointing out) with Lindsey as Falafal (left), and her sister Marmaduke.


Falafal (Lindsey) and Marmaduke, the confused stepsisters.


Prince Johan, Eleanor (Cinder-Ella) and The Fairy Godmother, Peridot.


My youngest, Camie, was a stage tech during the production. She will be attending SJHS next year as a freshman.

No comments: